We encourage each and every South African living abroad to take the following steps to cast your vote and support our country’s democracy.
In order to vote abroad you will need to do the following:
- Check if you are already registered to vote, and where: https://www.elections.org.za/pw/Voter/Voter-Information
- If you are not registered, you need to register to vote via the IEC’s overseas portal, which you can do here
- If you are still registered in South Africa, you will need to update your registration to your nearest South African embassy, high commission or consulate.
- You need to fill in a VEC10 form on the IEC’s website. This form will only be made available closer to the elections. Even if you are listed as registered abroad you MUST complete this form or you won’t be able to vote. This form tells the IEC where you intend to vote abroad. It only takes 2 minutes!
- Once all these steps have been completed, on election day you can take BOTH your SA ID and passport to vote at your nearest SA foreign mission (South African Embassy, High Commission or General-Consulate).
Map of SA Foreign Mission Operating as Voting Stations
Please visit the Dept. of International Relations and Cooperation (Dirco) for the latest contact details for each SA foreign mission.